for your towel
Appropriate cares, washing and drying
will maintain the texture
and superior absorbency of
your SHINTO TOWEL,
and also make it environmentally
Especially heat, such as washing
with high water temperature and tumble drying,
will make the cotton fibres
shrink and get hard in touch.
- Wash at lower temperature (up to 40 degrees) to prevent damage to the cotton fibres causing shrink, reduction of softness, and color fading.
- Do not use chlorine bleach, and avoid the overuse of fabric softeners as these will damage the cotton fibres and spoil their absorbency.
- Avoid washing colored towels and white towels together to prevent color transfer, especially for the first several times.
- Set the spinning speed low, around 800 rpm, to reduce friction and prevent from changing shape and wearing off.
- Stretch and flap the towel gently before drying to maintain its shape and fluffiness when dried.
- For best results, washed towels should be hung to dry in a shady, well-ventilated area.
- Our towels are woven loosely and comparatively low-density, so they dry quick even without tumble drying.
- Set to low heat or gentle setting when tumble drying is needed.
- Do not snip pilling of the gauze; pull and stretch the whole towel to put the pilling back to its original state.
- Avoid pulling on pilling of the terry pile; snip carefully with a pair of scissors.
Tested in Paris
( Water Hardness : Approx. 280 mg/L )
The finished texture of towels
such as softness and fluffiness
differs quite a lot by how you wash and dry them.
Here we introduce some samples
which we tested in Paris,
changing "water temperature",
"use of softener",
and "use of tumble drying".
INNER PILE features lightness, softness, and bulkiness achieved by being delicately woven by our old traditional looms sandwiching piles between gauze surfaces. It gradually changes to corduroy-like texture through washing.
- Washing with hard water is more likely to affect the texture of INNER PILE. To maintain its unique texture please follow the handling tips and reduce the damage on the towel.
2.5-PLY GAUZE features unique soft texture and extraordinary lightness achieved by our original 2.5-PLY GAUZE weave making the middle layer half the density of surface layers. Light, space-saving, quick-drying, yet highly absorbent by our traditional refining process « Atozarashi ».
- To maintain its unique texture please follow the handling tips and reduce the damage on the towel.
YUKINE features extraordinary high absorbency achieved by spending twice the effort on our refining process « Atozarashi »washing away starch on the yarns, natural oils and impurities contained in cotton fibres, and maximizing the natural absorbency of cotton to its highest potential.